MENU

Slide

Travel tips : What to pack for your beach vacation?

Sunday, September 19, 2010


I've been back for 2 days since my phuket trip now, this trip was actually
a surprise trip as my boyf's 24th birthday present,
done all the ticket booking, tour arrangements in June.
I really surprised myself for being able to restrain myself from bursting out
and telling him the surprise earlier!




But just ONE day before his birthday when i was gonna reveal the surprise trip
to him, we were over at my grandma's place having dinner and she asked me
"When are you coming back from thailand? 14 september till when?"

Without thinking, stupid me immediately replied: " oh 17 september, 4 days!"
Then i went back to eating my dinner when boyf was like giggling like
a little schoolgirl and trying not to burst out laughing.

I was like, " What?! What are you laughing at?"
At that point i totally didn't realise i have already "let the cat out of the bag" !
Wtf. my secret that i painstakingly kept totally mum about for the past 3 months,
i spoilt the surprise just ONE day from revealing it. MOTHER FUDGER!!!








------------------------------------------------------




Ok, so when i booked the air tickets from Jetstar to Phuket, i thought,
hmmm beach vacation. What do i have to bring? Bikinis and lots of light sundresses?
So i stuck to the 10kg handcarry luggage limit instead of upgrading to the 20kg luggage.

It's my first time travelling with only 10kg handcarry, so i thought
i'd share what i've packed for my beach vacation while sticking to the 10kg limit! (:


(Super excited to use my new polka dot handcarry size luggage
i bought from bkk 2 months back)


picnikfile_CuImV-


I wanna say i'm NOT a light packer, so packing this wasn't that easy for me
cos i tend to bring everything with the mindset of
"I'd rather have it than not have it when i need it when i most prolly won't need it."

Too confusing?
It just means i love to pack a tonne of unnecessary crap in my luggage.





Ok here's my checklist, 4D3N trip


To wear:
  • 4 sets of Bikini
  • 4 Sundresses/Rompers/Beach cover-up
  • 1 Beach Sarong
  • 1 Nightgown
  • 4 undies (Only for night, mostly living in my bikinis in the day-time)


Toiletries:
  • Make up pouch (more about this below)
  • Ettusais skincare travel pack
  • Lip balm with SPF *(impt: i forgot to pack this and ended up with my lips burnt!)
  • Make up remover wipes
  • SPF 50 face sunscreen
  • Body sunscreen
  • Shampoo
  • Conditioner *(most impt: after swimming in the pool/sea, it's a must-have!)
  • Shower gel (what i brought: http://bit.ly/bJGfn3)
  • Body Moisturizer (what i brought: http://bit.ly/9BzUI4)
  • Bubble bath (what i brought: http://bit.ly/9vE173)
  • Bath fizz/bomb

Etc:
  • Camera
  • Fujifilm instant camera
  • Netbook
  • Passport
  • Cash
  • Reusable bag as beach bag/to carry shopping buys




Some of you kept asking me how do i pack the ettusais gentle wash
which is in a soap form?

I'll just keep it in the plastic it came in and pack it like this in a ziplock bag:


picnikfile_sDuS-p
With some cotton pad for my aqua shooter.




Take a look at what's in my makeup pouch:


picnikfile_xYHGkq

Because my dresses and outfits i packed for all 4 days will be in different colors,
i didn't wanna go thru the trouble of matching my eyeshadows with my outfit,
so i brought along my ettusais eye palette in neutral colors to go with all colors!

  1. Ettusais Zero Pore Pact
  2. Shiseido Highlight/Bronzer powder
  3. Kabuki brush for Bronzer/Blusher
  4. Ettusais Eye Palette in Neutral colors
  5. Ettusais Blusher in PK2 (Gorgeous peachy pink)
  6. Ettusais Jelly Gloss in BE4 (Shimmery pink beige) & RD1 (Translucent red)
  7. Ettusais Coloring Eyebrow in Brown (Waterproof so it stays even when you're swimming!)
  8. Ettusais Brow Color in Dark Brown
  9. Ettusais Liquid liner


Yup. that's about it. All together it's around 9kg! Hahahaha lucky me!

This is all i need for a 4 day 3 night beach holiday,
hope this helps you if you need a checklist for packing light!
Oh yes, all liquids have to be kept in a clear ziplock bag, check out this article: http://travel.asiaone.com/Travel/News/Story/A1Story20070609-13249.html








I also went to Milly's to get my nails done specially for this trip!

Since it's a beach vacation, i wanted a nautical styled mitchy-matchy mani & pedi,
Red/White/Gold glitter strips + glitter flakes stars.



picnikfile_Ml0GFD

Me love pretty manicured nails!
An australian lady i met during my phi phi island tour said
she absoutely loved my mitchy matchy nails!

They are gel nails by the way, no idea why my real nails cracked
and broke off one by one days before i went to Milly's.
it's actually my first time doing gel nails previously i did acrylic extensions,
Love gel nails cos it's super natural and alike my real nails it doesn't bother me
when i type real fast and stuff too.



Did it at Milly's Bugis branch, totally recommend Gina/Tina!
Gina did my rainbow nails for my Cleo Ettusais spread afew months back: http://bit.ly/b8NTUY

Oh yes, check out Milly's spanking new site: http://www.millys.com.sg/about_us.html
Bookmark it and check back time to time for new promotions ok!
I think their prices for hair extensions and lash extensions are super worth it, go see ok! (:





Loves, TheLuckiestChick

No comments: